Improve Skin Texture With A Simple Skin Regimen
To improve skin texture and maintain it healthy is a demanding and challenging regimen to undertake, especially if you have so many things to do every day.
A hectic schedule in your daily life will sometimes lead you to approach a facial specialist or dermatologist as an option to improve skin texture instead of following a religious skin care routine that is taking some of your time.
Skin imperfection is inevitable regardless of age, weather or seasons, and environmental factors. There are so many causes of skin issues, and lifestyles are the main contributor to skin imperfections.
- Skin imperfections are manifestations of not eating proper nutrition. Our body and skin need high vitamins and minerals to keep our cells healthy while inhibiting the toxin build-up in our body, leading to various skin issues.
- Stress and hormonal change may be another factor of skin problems. Having a poor sleep due to anxiety will unpleasantly affect the texture of the skin. It may appear more saggy, dull, and skin age faster. Hormonal imbalance could also damage the skin by showing more breakouts and hyperpigmentation.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight and heat may cause skin damage. Skin will formulate wrinkles and fine lines, hyperpigmentation, burn, etc. If not prevented early, the skin may experience permanent damage that is difficult to reverse.
- Using products with potent chemical content will damage the skin and lead to rashes, dryness, etc. it is essential to avoid these products to improve skin texture.
There are 6 essential skincare regimens to improve skin texture
#1. Apply Moisturizer To Your Skin.
Dry skin occurrences typically during winter and summer, and it isn’t easy to improve skin texture if you don’t incorporate any skincare support. The dry cold air in winter may damage the outer layer of the skin. Low humidity temperature levels will possibly crack the skin and may sometimes lead to skin bleeding.
The summer’s excessive exposure to sunlight may damage the skin through sunburn, high risk of skin cancer, wrinkle appearance, and skin’s premature aging. The melanin that our skin produces will act as a protective pigment in the skin. If you allow too much sunlight exposure to your skin, then what your melanin can take will do more harmful effects than protection.
An application of skin moisturizers will significantly help and support to improve skin texture. It aids in the hydration of your skin, prevents dryness from the various cause, and smoothens the skin’s outer surface or layer, leading to a youthful look. To sum up the benefits you can get from maintaining the use of moisturizers are the following:
- Moisturizers can prevent the appearance of skin wrinkles.
- Moisturizers can reduce the variety of skin imperfections like eczema, acne, etc.
- Moisturizers can reduce the occurrence of blemishes.
- Moisturizers can delay the signs of aging.
(Disclaimer: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.)
- No greasy sticky feel and absorbs quickly to the skin feeling smooth and improve skin texture.
- Formulated with three essential ceramides that restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier to improve skin texture.
- Lack of ceramide to the skin can cause skin dryness. Cerave moisturizing cream will restore and improve the ceramide level after 4 weeks.
- Cerave product is recommended and developed with a dermatologist for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone type, and more.
- It is good for dry skin relief on both the face and body with the seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association for its mild and non-comedogenic effect.
RELATED: 4 Beauty Hacks Using Sugar
#2. Gently Exfoliates To Eliminate Dead Cells.
What is exfoliating? a process of removing dead cells from the surface of the skin. This process helps promote an increase in blood circulation, give the skin’s radiant look, and improve skin texture. For some people with chronic skin conditions, exfoliating is not an advisable process to do.
The following advantages you can get from exfoliating your skin are:
- Exfoliating will give your skin an even tone and texture. It smoothens the skin’s rough surface from scars and refines the skin from dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Exfoliating will cleanse the blockage of pores that is the leading cause of whiteheads and pimples appearance.
- While exfoliating, unclog the pores, it also improves skin texture by inhibiting the formation of acne.
- Exfoliating hydrates the skin through better absorption of moisturizers and creams for more healthy-looking skin.
You can use various ways for skin exfoliation—a loofah, pumice stone, scrub, exfoliating glove, exfoliating brush, sponge, and dermabrasion instrument. There are also chemical products that can support your skin exfoliation, which is advisable and ideal for some people with rosacea cases or other sensitivity types to physical exfoliators.
- The all-natural Himalayan pink salt body and face scrub with lychee fruit and sweet almond oil provide the ultimate oil and impurities cleanse for your skin.
- Providing a boost in natural collagen while increasing skin cell longevity. Together these deliver an anti-aging and improve skin texture performance you’ve come to expect from M3 Naturals.
- A unique blend of ingredients can reduce the appearance of acne, blackheads, cellulite, stretch marks, and scars!
- Detoxify skin by drawing out unwanted toxins, dirt, pollution, and bacteria from your pores and balancing systemic pH. A great pore minimizer that restores your silky-smooth skin!
- Natural cruelty-free products are made right here in the United States of America.
#3. Practice A Healthy Diet.
Practicing a proper and healthy diet regimen will improve skin texture and boost your overall skin health. Eating foods rich in omega-3, such as fish and other kinds of seafood, nuts, seeds, plant oils like flaxseed oil, and fortified food like eggs, yogurt, soy, milk, etc., are essential in maintaining the skin suppleness, thickness, and naturally moisturize.
The omega-3 source is also best to combat infection and inflammation of the skin, like redness formation due to breakouts and UV rays exposure. It is a rich source of antioxidants essential to protect your skin from the damages of free radicals, promote new cells’ regeneration, and boost overall skin health. Other healthy nutritional foods to consider in your diet are sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, avocados, broccoli, tomatoes, bell peppers, dark chocolate, etc. these are the healthy options that can improve skin texture maintaining overall health.
It is crucial to avoid unhealthy high-calorie foods such as pastries, which undoubtedly taste suitable for your taste buds but not for your skin. High-sugar beverages like soda, greasy foods can negatively affect the internal circulation of your body and skin. Extra alcohol consumption can draw out your skin’s moisture, leaving it dry and dull; use it moderately.
#4. Protect Skin From Sun Damage, Wear Sunscreen
The heat from UV rays nowadays is quite excruciating and harmful to your skin if overexposed. The depletion or thinning of ozone layers are the leading cause of the detrimental effects of UV rays.
It is significant to take some precautions to protect your skin if you plan to go outdoors that long. Sunscreen protection like sunblock is a popular and known product for UV shield.
Wearing your sunscreen protection can improve skin texture and prevent the harmful effects of sun damage like hyperpigmentation and premature aging, and it inhibits the risk of skin cancer.
- Formulated with niacinamide to improve skin texture, tone, and discoloration.
- It calms and protects the skin.
- Antioxidant protection- combats skin-aging free radicals associated with ultraviolet (UV) and infrared radiation (IR).
- UVB/UVB sun protection + transparent zinc oxide.
There are two types of sunscreen to improve skin texture:
1. Mineral Sunscreen.
- It is best for babies, and all sensitive skin types work fast upon application and are considered more effective and less irritating for the skin.
- UV rays reflect away from the skin as the sunscreen reaction after the application.
- Tint for all skin tones that instantly leaves skin with a healthy glow and offsets the white-cast.
- 100 percent Mineral filter based sunscreen helps skin from UVA/UVB rays.
- Help restore the skin’s natural barrier and lock in moisture, improve skin texture.
- Safe and gentle formula content.
- It can be worn alone or under makeup as a tinted primer with SPF 30.
2. Chemical Sunscreen.
- UV rays will penetrate or absorb and neutralizes the skin when using this type of sunscreen.
- This sunscreen is not advisable or recommended to sensitive skin since it will react to irritation and discomfort during the UV rays absorption into the skin.
- It takes few minutes to work, not fast-acting compared to mineral sunscreen.
#5. Use Mild Cleanser.
Whether you consider yourself wearing makeup daily or not, cleaning your face is always necessary to wipe out all the impurities that stick on your face the entire day.
With the new norm of wearing a mask everywhere you go, producing sweats and possible irritations from trapped saliva would trigger some breakouts and other skin problems.
Using a mild cleanser as part of your skincare regimen will significantly improve skin texture if maintained religiously.
There are different kinds of facial cleansers, depending on your skin type. It is essential for you to know your skin type and apply the right product for your skin.
- Gentle enough for everyday use; Mild and non-irritating formula is perfect for normal to oily skin and is suitable for even the most sensitive skin
- Clinically proven too deep clean skin: Cleanses without leaving skin feeling dry
- Skin feels refreshed & moisturized: low lather formula will not strip skin of essential oils, which can leave skin feeling dry and tight
- Removes oils & dirt: Hypoallergenic facial cleanser is gentle enough for morning and night use and is clinically proven to deep clean skin and remove oils, dirt, and makeup
- Dermatologist recommended and non-comedogenic skin cleanser rinses clean without leaving pore-clogging residue.
Different Types of Cleanser To Improve Skin Texture
It is creamy and thick in texture with botanical ingredients as moisturizers, cleanse the skin without stripping off your skin’s natural oil while enhancing skin texture. It is best for dry and sensitive skin.
It has a foamy texture that cleans and penetrates any dirt and sebum that clogs the pores, helping keep your skin refreshed, clean and improve skin texture. It is best for oily and combination skin.
The gel cleanser is a gel-like facial cleanser intended to deep clean unclogged pores due to oily skin. It is best for all types of skin.
The powder cleanser appears foamy or creamy when mixing with water. Its exfoliating properties are ideal for removing makeup—best for sensitive, oily, and combination skin.
It only concentrates on pulling dirt and impurities from skin pores without reducing the skin balanced of the skin. The downside of this cleanser is that it cannot remove any makeup residue on the skin. It is best for combination, oily, and acne-prone skin.
Bar Soap Cleanser.
Facial bar soap usually contains mild ingredients to keep the healthy balanced skin’s PH level. It is best for combination and oily skin.
The cleansing oil is suitable as a pre-cleanser like removing makeup but not ideal for deep cleaning. Washing face with some deep cleanser is still recommended after the application of cleansing oil. It is best for normal, combination, and oily skin.
It can be beneficial on quick cleanings like a pre-cleanser removing makeups, dirt, and oils on the face but still required a proper facewash to improve skin texture. It is best for normal, oily, and dry skin.
#6. Take Food Supplements Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
Minerals are essential in promoting healthy skin and supports cell structure. Your skin needs a balance of nutrients to do the function.
Proper care through incorporating a healthy religious regimen for your skin and taking the recommended supplements packed with essential nutrients needed is a great way to boost your overall health and improve skin texture.
What are the essential nutrients needed to improve skin texture?
It is vital in protection from UV rays to your skin. It shields your skin from the harmful effects of the ultraviolet rays from cancer, premature aging, and sagging while the heat is absorbing to the skin.
It works similar to Vitamin E as it protects the skin from the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays while it penetrates the skin. This vitamin helps an individual with a lighter complexion as it gives a potent efficacy of sunscreen.
You can get the natural sources of vitamin D through the sunlight. If you are the type who does not hang out outdoors often and are not exposed to adequate sunlight, especially in the mornings, you will likely have a vitamin D deficiency. This vitamin also boosts the health of the skin by decreasing the appearance of some chronic skin conditions.
This nutrient is highly essential in healing the skin. It does not only improve skin texture but also helps in reducing eczema as it is high in antioxidants responsible for repairing the damage.
The body cannot produce this nutrient on its own that is why it is vital to consume fatty acids as part of your daily diet. Omega-3 sources like walnuts, soy, fish, and the omega-6 from poultry and grains, are essential to your meal.
This nutrient acts as an antioxidant responsible for fighting against free-radicals, slow aging, promote fast healing of the skin, and improve skin texture. You can find great sources from fish, poultry, and wheat.
Improving skin texture involves various factors that include a balanced and proper diet, choosing the right kind of skin products to use based on your skin type, and a religious health regimen practice to follow. All sums up in achieving your body’s overall health.