Why Is Okra A Nutritional Food?
Okra is a type of fruit popular as a vegetable in various cuisines. The fruit, known as “lady’s fingers,” has been proven to have excellent nutritional and health benefits for our body and is low in calories and dietary fiber.
It is full of essential nutrients that support the body in preventing health conditions and even severe illnesses. It has edible seedpods of the plant that have a slimy texture when cooked, which is why most people don’t prefer to eat it, but the health-conscious individual favors it.
(Disclaimer: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced in order to help you make the best choice for you.)
There are 6 known nutritional benefits of okra for our health:
1. Prenatal Support.
One cup of okra for daily consumption will reduce the risk of neural tube defects, a condition that attacks the fetus’s developing brain and spine.
The fruit is rich in folate; pregnant women must provide the fetus with the required nutrition by incorporating it into their daily meals.
2. Dietary Fiber.
Okra is rich in fiber, which is essential in reducing diabetes and managing weight, according to a published study in 2013. The pods contain a high amount of fiber and have a slimy texture when cooked. The fruits make your stomach feel fuller, aiding in weight while improving glycemic control.
3. It Support Heart and Brain Health.
Because it binds with cholesterol during digestion, the slimy gel-like texture of okra can help our bodies excrete fats and lower cholesterol levels. Many dieters are encouraged to eat fruit as part of their meals to help hinder food cravings while reducing blood sugar levels.
4. Serve As an Anti-Oxidant.
Okra is rich in polyphenols that help prevent blood clots and lower the risk of a heart condition. The antioxidant properties in fruit may reduce brain inflammation, such as feeling lethargic, headaches, vision changes, stiff neck, nausea, etc.
5. Support In Reducing Cholesterol.
Okra is rich in polyphenols that help prevent blood clots and lower the risk of this heart condition. The antioxidant properties in fruit may reduce brain inflammation, such as feeling lethargic, headaches, vision changes, stiff neck, nausea, etc.
6. Help Reduce Body Fatigue.
Aside from de-stressing your body to reduce fatigue, eating okra in your diet will improve energy levels. The folate in the fruit is essential for producing dopamine, which is responsible for uplifting moods and relieving stress.
How To Prepare And Cook Okra?
- Okra is best stewed, stir-fried, or sautéed.
- Crunchy half-cook if you do not want to feel the slimy texture.
- It adds flavor when mixed with onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers with a bit of vinegar and soy for salad preparation.
- Excellent for pickling.
- Cut the tips and stems before cooking.
- Store in a refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Place in a sealed/vacuum bag and freeze.
- Prenatal CellSentials: Provide proper nutrition for yourself and your little one with a carefully formulated blend of vitamins and minerals to support your baby’s healthy growth and development.
- BiOmega: Contribute to optimal cardiovascular, immune, and joint health support and aid in critical cellular processes with EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids from ultra-pure fish oil.
- Vitamin D: Supplement your sunshine to retain normal cellular health and function and support bone mineralization and growth with a vitamin D formula featuring vitamin K2, an important nutrient for cardiovascular health.
DIGESTIVE HEALTH | DETOX BUNDLE
- USANA Probiotic: Carry a blend of 12 billion friendly, active bacteria in a convenient, on-the-go stick pack to support a strong, healthy gut and immune defense—even through times of occasional stress.
- USANA Digestive Enzyme: Aid in proper digestion and relieve discomfort from fullness or bloating with plant-based enzymes and active phytonutrients found in artichoke extract.
- Hepasil DTX: Stay energized and support your body’s detoxification process with a unique blend of phytochemicals and Olivol olive-fruit extract, combined using Nutritional Hybrid Technology.